The Record Find control is located in the navigation bar and is used in scenarios where you wish to find and navigate to one record (applicant, company, contact, job or placement).
Here are some key things to know when using the Record Find Control:
- You will need to add a minimum of two characters to search.
- The record find control will also consider any Known As names when returning results.
- You can search using record ID numbers.
- When searching for jobs and placements using the job title or the placed persons name , only live jobs/placements will returned, however if you search on the ID number, non-live jobs will also be returned.
- You can search on telephones numbers by adding in 10 or more characters (consisting of numbers, spaces or plus symbols).
In certain scenarios you may want to determine the record types searching on, using the magnifying icon drop down.
Advanced Record Find
There may be times where you search for a record and you're unsure if the correct one appears in the record find list. With Advanced Record Find you can perform an advanced find for such scenarios which will provide some more in-depth criteria as well as a record card, so you can be sure that the record you're looking for is the one you wanted. Once you have entered your characters into the Find Record Control and hit enter on your keyboard, you can simply hit enter again and the Advanced Find will open, with up to 100 records displaying further details.
There are several filters available allowing you to drill down to the specifics even further. You can change the record type that you are searching for, filter to just records created or owned by you and even include archived records.
If the results are still too large for you to find the correct record, there is an extra filter above the results enabling you to search for additional information in relation to the record, such as Current Employer, Job Title, Default Phone Number, Default Email Address and Default Address.